If you have a design idea, partner with us and together we'll share it with the world! It doesn't have to be complicated, and we love keeping things simple. This is how we work: you simply submit your design and if we choose to include it in an AlyBlue Media publication, you'll earn 50% of the royalties permanently. That's it!
Simply read information below including contract and indemnity agreement. Then follow the checkout procedure to get going and share your designs.
THE FINE PRINT
nd checking out, you agree to the terms too. Pretty simple, but we have to say it.
This publishing agreement is entered into and effective on date this order is submitted by illustrator, herein known as Illustrator, and processed by AlyBlue Media, herein known as Publisher.
GRANT OF PUBLISHER RIGHTS
The Illustrator, on behalf of himself, heir, executors, administrators, successors, and assignees, grants the following exclusive worldwide rights to the Publisher to produce, publish, and sell in print form while this contract is in effect. These are global rights. Illustrator hereby retains all rights to the work not specifically granted to the Publisher in this contract such as movie rights.
The Illustrator hereby represents and warrants to the Publisher the following:
- She/he (they are) is the Illustrator and sole owner of the work, or has been assigned exclusive rights to the work.
- The work is original and no part of the work was taken from or based on any other literary, dramatic, musical, film, or graphic arts, except as identified in the writing by the Illustrator.
- The work does not infringe upon any copyright, privacy rights, rights of a third party, or any common law or statutory law.
- The work does not contain any material of a libelous or obscene nature.
- The work is not the public domain, and has not been published in any format with any company that may still own such rights to the work.
- The Illustrator holds the power of Authority to grant these rights.
- If this work has been previously published in any form, the Illustrator warrants that the rights granted herein have been reverted to her/him. As an addendum to this agreement the Illustrator shall provide a written memorandum documenting the reversion of the rights granted by any publishing company that may still own proprietary right to the work, along with documentation from the previous publisher stating that all rights belong to the Illustrator.
- If a judgment is obtained against the Publisher for usurping rights still controlled by a Publisher or other entity other than the Publisher or the Illustrator, the Illustrator agrees to hold the Publisher harmless and to indemnify the Publisher for damages and costs. If the Publisher prevails against a suing party or resolves the matter by an out of court settlement, the Illustrator will be liable to indemnify the Publisher for defense and settlement cost.
- Illustrator agrees to hold Publisher harmless and indemnify the Publisher against any claim, demand, action, suit, proceeding or any expense whatsoever, arising for claims of infringement of copyright or proprietary rights, or claims of libel, obscenity, invasion of privacy, or any other unlawfulness based upon or arising from the publication or any matter pertaining to the work.
- Illustrator warrants and represents that to the best of Illustrator’s knowledge and belief, all statements of fact contained in the work are true and based on appropriate and diligent research.
- Illustrator warrants that she/he will not hereafter enter into any agreement or understanding with any person or entity that would conflict with the rights granted to the Publisher during the term of this contract.
- Illustrator shall, at the time of submission, include written authorizations
or permissions for the use of any copyrighted or other proprietary material
that appears in the work. These authorizations and permissions shall be obtained at the Illustrator's own expense.
- Illustrator is responsible for maintaining backup copies of work.
- Publisher reserves the right to reject the work and terminate this contract if and when desired.
- Publisher retains the right to edit and revise work for any and all uses described under the contract, provided that Illustrator’s original concept of work is not materially altered without illustrator's agreement. Illustrator understands such changes are necessary for the overall improvement of work.
has final approval of all submissions.
- Publisher will prepare the work for formatting. Illustrator understands that the formatting the book is received in may not be used for the final work. A change of formatting may include margins, overall size, fonts, etc.
- Publisher shall have the right to produce, advertise, promote, and publish the work in a style in which the Publisher deems appropriate to the work, including format, pricing, and distribution. Publisher will distribute the illustrations where the Publisher deems appropriate such as Amazon Kindle, Amazon (paperback), Lightning Source, and anywhere else that Publisher decides during the term of the contract. Publisher also reserves the right to advertise anywhere the Publisher deems appropriate.
- The Publisher has the right to contract with distributors, bookstores, vendors, organizations and/or outlets to sell the work within the Publisher’s name. For all sales through these outlets, the Illustrator will be compensated royalty of the sale price to outlet, less any handling costs or discounts charged by the outlet. The Illustrator may only contact vendors in regards to promoting their own works (book signings, leaving bookmarks, etc.). Illustrator does not have the authority to enter into any agreements on behalf of the Publisher.
- Royalties shall be paid quarterly within (30) thirty days following the end of the quarter (January through March payments will be sent in April; April through June payments will be sent in July; July through September payments will be sent in October; October through December payments will be sent in January) by a written check generated with the bank. The checks will be mailed no later than the 25th of the payment month, if the royalty is $10.00 or greater. If payment is not received for the last month of the quarter from outside retailers, a payment will be sent on the amount the Publisher has already received and the last month will be added to your next statement. Royalties are 50% of what the publisher receives.
- Statements will be emailed to the Illustrator by the 20th of each quarter. It is the Illustrator's responsibility to keep up with statements for tax purposes.
- No royalties will be paid on any prints sent for reviews, promotional purposes, advertising, or other similar purposes. No royalties will be paid on returned prints. If sales in any calendar year are under $600, the Publisher may issue a 1099 at its own discretion. Payment of taxes on royalties is the sole responsibility of the Illustrator whether or not a 1099 is issued. If a 1099 is not issued the quarterly/monthly statements can be used for tax purposes on the Illustrator's behalf.
- The Illustrator is responsible for giving the Publisher any change of addresses, both email and postal mail, that they may have. This could cause statements and payments to be lost or late. If the Illustrator does not provide the Publisher with this information in a timely fashion, the Publisher is not responsible for late or missing payments due to an incorrect address.
- Publisher and Illustrator both reserve the right to advertise however they deem appropriate.
- A change of title of the work does not void this contract.
By submitting this order, I agree that I have read or had read to me the contents of this agreement and do hereby accept all the terms and agreements within this contract.